Only 350 CHANCES!
Sadly, 1 in 3 children in Philadelphia grow up without a consistent, caring adult in their lives. Buy a chance and provide a mentor to a child in need.
Who we are. What we do. Why it matters.
Living in Philadelphia’s most vulnerable neighborhoods, COVID-19 hit our kids, their families and communities hard. It also meant creating a virtual raffle in place of our major fundraising events. By purchasing an online raffle ticket, over 1,200 youth living in the area’s most underserved communities will have someone to look up to and call their mentor.
Drawing date: June 30th, 2021
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––– OR ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
How does the raffle work?
Every chance purchased is 1 entry into the raffle. There is no limit to the number of chances you can buy. The more you buy, the better your chances of winning. Please see all rules, disclaimer, and tax liability below.
How will I receive my prize?
YMP Administrator will contact the winner after the drawing, based on contact information provided by purchaser, to verify eligibility and arrange prize pickup (please see rules, disclaimer, and tax liability).
- Participants must be U.S. residents and at least 18 years of age. Any participant not 18 years or older that wins will be disqualified. We require proof of age. YMP volunteers, staff, program participants, and their family members are eligible to participate.
- The winner of the raffle will be determined by a random drawing using a virtual ‘wheel of chance’ containing participants’ names, which participants can read more about here.
- For each chance you purchase, you will receive one spot on the wheel.
- Purchased chances are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- In the event that the predetermined number of slots per raffle item are not filled, YMP reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reschedule the raffle drawing date until all chances are purchased, cancel the raffle or extend the time for participants to enter the raffle. If a raffle item is cancelled due to insufficient participation, any participant who has already obtained a raffle slot for the cancelled item will be refunded in full by the YMP Administrator.
- Participants do not need to watch the live drawing on Facebook or Instagram to win.
- Winners will be contacted via email and phone by the YMP Administrator.
- As the winner of the raffle, you will have the option to choose between the $20,000 cash prize or a brand new Jeep Wrangler. Exact delivery date, model, color and options of the Jeep Wrangler prize will be based on available stock and determined by Courtesy Chrysler Jeep at their discretion.
- Jeep prize is not redeemable for cash and must be picked up at Courtesy Chrysler Jeep (2225 Lincoln Hwy E, Coatesville, PA 19320). No deliveries.
- The winner of the raffle authorizes the Youth Mentoring Partnership to use, at its discretion, the winner’s name and any images for promotional and marketing purposes with no additional considerations.
This fundraiser is conducted by 501(c)(3) organization Youth Mentoring Partnership and is officially licensed under the PA Game of Chance and Paypal. All proceeds of the YMP Virtual Raffle will benefit the Youth Mentoring Partnership. **YMP does not warrant, control or guarantee shipment/delivery dates of any raffle item(s) to raffle winners. YMP further does not in any way warrant or guarantee the condition, physical or otherwise, of any raffle item upon raffle winner’s receipt. Any product, manufacturing, or other defect affecting any raffle item shall be the sole responsibility of the manufacturer and/or retailer of the raffle item and by participating, raffle winner hereby releases the Youth Mentoring Partnership, its employees, officers, contractors, consultants and affiliates from any and all liability and/or causes of action, known or unknown, relating to or arising from receipt and/or subsequent use of any raffle item.
- “Raffle” Defined: In general, a raffle is considered a form of lottery. As such, a raffle generally refers to a method for the distribution of prizes among persons who have paid for a chance to win such prizes, usually determined by the numbers, or symbols, on tickets drawn.
- Any applicable tax liability for either winning option is the responsibility of the winner.
- If winner chooses the $20,000 cash prize, such winnings will be taxed at 25% consistent with guidance from www.irs.gov (Withholding Tax on Raffle Prizes – https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/notice_1340.pdf).
- If winner chooses the Jeep Wrangler, person receiving raffle winnings must furnish the organization a statement on Form 5754 made under penalties of perjury stating his or her identity and the identity of any others entitled to the winnings (and their shares of the winnings), and will pay all necessary taxes at the time winner takes possession of the vehicle.
- Purchase of a raffle ticket is not tax deductible.